Thursday 17 January 2013

A place for everything and everything in it's place....

Don't you just hate clutter and dis-organisation? I do!
I have been trying to re-organise my cupboards over the past week (as I've needed to stay home with a poorly child.) I have some absolutely beautiful china and some vintage tea cups, saucers and side plates that belonged to both mine and my husbands Great-Grandmothers, but I've never been sure how or where to store them.



We have a large floating shelf in our family room which has always been missing something so in lieu of a dresser I thought I'd create my own display shelf. What do you think?



I happened upon some pretty twinkly star lights which I've strung just behind the cups and saucers- cute 'eh?
The beauty of this is that I can still access the cups whenever I need them as we do like a good ole cup of char in an elegant china cup in our house!



Imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this little beauty in a local charity shop for the princely sum of £15. A no-brainer right?!






So now everything has a place!

 I often wish my world were as easy to organize as my china cabinet..... There are so many things to juggle but I have found the process of re-organising my life a little bit like the china in that I had to start with an outcome in mind. I  could only really begin to look at how to organise myself once I knew what I wanted at the end, namely peace in my home and a week filled with enough space to be fruitful rather than fire-fighting.

Ange
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment